Wednesday, February 4, 2009

AM's

Last night I went and worked out pretty late around 8:30 and didn't even get done until around 10:00. I biked for 20 minutes then I ran two miles. During and after the run my calves and shin muscles were really tight and killing me. I don't know if this was due to the biking before the run or a lack of proper stretching, but it hurt. I think as I get older my body doesn't respond as well to the stress of a workout, and it just kind of hurts; now I really am starting to feel bad for the old man. I did a few sets of push-ups as well. 12, 10, 8, 8, max (I got 45).
Last night Blake Vogt and I also decided that we were going to start working out in the morning. So this morning I managed to get myself out of bed and be in the gym by 5:30. I have to admit it's going to take some getting use to, I've been going to bed around 12:00 and getting up sometime around 8:30. It was a good workout today though and I really would rather workout in the mornings and get it out of the way. Today I did some light weight high rep sets of bench, incline dumbells, decline bench, and then ran 2 miles at an 8 min/mile pace. I'm tired!

1 comment:

Dick said...

"...as I get older my body doesn't respond as well to the stress of a workout..." WTF? You're 23!!! You haven't even reached your prime yet!!! All joking aside, be careful you don't push yourself too much. If you strain something because you "worked through the pain" it'll set you back months, and you'll have to really watch what you do to down the road to keep from re-injuring yourself.