Thursday, March 12, 2009

its been a while


We dad mid-terms last week at UVU and it really affected my workout schedule as well as my blog writing. I did manage to go running one day and get a swim in too. This week though I've been doing pretty good. Sunday I ran just short of 4.5 miles at a 8:30 pace. Monday I swam 2000 meters mixing between kick and freestyle in about 45 minutes. Tuesday I biked for 30 straight minutes at a pretty good pace but I have no idea how far I went cause it was a stationary bike in a gym....very boring. Wednesday I ran 5.9 miles in 50 minutes, just faster than a 8:30 pace. Today I plan on getting another swim in, hopefully a little more than 2000 meters but its hard because there is no one to push me or anything and its really boring.
I went ahead and got some new shoes from nike. I got the nike free everyday shoes, I found them to be really comfortable for being brand new shoes though I did get a pretty nasty blister on the inside of one of my arches. Yesterday's run felt pretty good and I didn't really realize how tired I was until I got home and sat down and just fell asleep. During the run I was full of energy but totally dead afterward, that's what I get for taking a week off. Today I woke up and could hardly walk! My left knee is killing me, its very tender and feels like someone smashed it with a football helmet. I'm hoping that it will heal fast and won't affect me during my next run which won't be for a couple more days.
Back to my running shoes, they are really ugly but I like em. They are white with gray trim and then the whole back is a fluorescent yellow. It kind of hurts your eyes to look at them but as long as I run fast and blur it all together maybe people won't notice. But really running shoes don't have to look nice....they're running shoes.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I think your shoes look awesome. I love ugly shoes...sometimes, I think the uglier the better.

As for your swimming, here is a good site with some workouts. Stephanie and I were doing them a couple of summers ago. They have a short version and a long one. Also, it looks like they have some swim workouts specifically for doing a tri (there is a link at the bottom) but I didn't click on it. Anyway here it is http://ruthkazez.com/50swimworkouts.html or just type "50 swim workouts" into google and click on the first link.

I wish you lived in Eugene, I could really use a training buddy that has my work ethic and same general pace... Keep up the great work!

Dick said...

Laurie's right...there's nothing wrong with the way your shoes look. They are ugly, but like you mentioned, they're running shoes, and they're SUPPOSED to be ugly!