Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Oh the stairs

Running on a treadmill can get extremely boring...and it is. Due to the unfortunate circumstances with the weather the treadmill has been my main source of running workouts. Tonight however I thought it would be a good all round workout to run some stairs, as this would work my lungs, heart, and quads. I figured that stairs would be good for all three events. So I went to the indoor track on BYU campus and ran the bleachers for quite a while. It was actually a pretty good workout and I'm sure I'm going to be a little tender in the morning from it. I also got a short jog in on the track. Let me just say that it is so much better to run on a track and actually move than it is to run on a machine. Mentally its just a million times easier when you can actually see the progress that you are making instead of having to look at some number on a screen! Not only that but while running on a track you get to pass all the people that run slower than you and that just feels pretty good.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I used to run on those stairs... its a great workout! Plus, who knows, maybe you'll meet some nice athletic girl studying pre-med who wants nothing more than become a rich doctor and pay for you to spend all of your time working out and doing triathlons!

Tom North said...

That would be pretty sweet...but unlikely. But I guess it never hurts to wish huh?

Dick said...

I hate to say it, but I used to run the same track ...and the stairs too. My motive was kind of what Laurie mentioned...you see some decent looking women there, and the nice thing is that they're running because they're looking too.