Monday, January 26, 2009

Another blog?

Well yes it's another blog...by me. In this one though I'm only going to write about my preparing for swimming, cycling, and running events; or all three at once. So you won't be getting many rants or hearing about how my social life sucks in this one...just athletic stuff here.
I've been trying to jump start my body into shape by doing a number of things since I got back from Guatemala a year ago. When I first got home I seriously couldn't handle any kind of physical workout, I had zero stamina. However once I moved to McMinnville, OR I began doing short runs; just 1 mile runs up to around 3 miles on a good day. These runs were sparatic at best and I made slow progress, but by the end of July I had got myself in good enough shape to be running over 4 miles in under 9 min/mile's. At that time I was running between 4-5 times a week and rotating between 3 to 4.25 mile runs.
I then moved back to Klamath Falls, OR where I'm originally from and ended up running only 2-3 times per week and doing about the same miliage or a little less. I now live in Orem, UT and have recently started working pretty hard once again. I was swimming steadily through December but let that get away from me as school has now began and my time is crunched for workout. But I've rededicated myself withing the last couple of weeks and though I haven't been swimming still since Christmas I've picked up a decent workout with running and cycling.
Today, Monday, I only ran, but it's the most I've ran in quite a while; today I ran 6 miles in 50 minutes. Not a bad pace I say but if I'm going to start doing triathalons (which is the ultimate goal here) then I'm going to really need to fully dedicate myself to this and incorporate the other two events more thoroghly into my workout plan.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Great job Tom! Maybe someday, if I learn to ride a bike, we can do a triathlon together... it'd be fun!