Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Start?

My training routine of late has been pathetic at best. I have managed to run and ride a couple of times throughout the last couple of months but overall my workouts have been weak and without a purpose. Janna and I are trying to figure out what races we want to do for 2010 but until we actually register for something I'll probably have problems finding drive to do anything. I did manage to get a mile swim in today. Its the first time I've been in the water in a long time. It felt really good but I'm obviously out of shape.
A couple races that we are thinking about doing this year are the Spudman Tri in Idaho, the Lake Powell Tri, and a 5 person 50 mile relay in St. George. Really though we need to get signed up for some of that stuff and make some commitments. I also plan on doing the Lotoja which is a one day bike race from Logan, UT to Jackson Hole, WY. Should be good if I can come up with the money for all that and actually manage to train. Another concern that I have is my body...I hope it holds up this year.
In short I just need to start over and rededicate myself to training. As of late I've just been packing on weight and losing any kind of athleticism that I may have had. Yep, its definitely time for a new start.

No comments: