Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sole to Pavement

So last weekend was my Salt to Saint bike race. It was a race from downtown Salt Lake to Saint George, Utah. We were a four man team and the total distance was about 412 miles. We each had about 6 legs of roughly 17 miles each leg, I ended up riding about 120 miles altogether. The race was a blast and we ended up doing pretty well considering how much a couple of our teammates trained. The point of this blog entry however, is to announce that after months of not running (due to my bike training) today I got out and ran just under 3 miles. It felt really good to run and I'd forgotten how much i love it, there's just something about running that feels so good...not quite sure what it is.
On October 23rd I have an Olympic tri coming up in Lake Powell and I really need to continue running and really need to hit the pool too. Swimming is going to be particularly interesting since i haven't swam at all since July and that was very sporadic then. There's a good chance I'll just drown but regardless I'm excited to start getting in shape and put together some kind of a plan.
I'm also getting really excited about Hood to Coast 2011. I realize that i might not get to do it because there's a chance we won't get drawn but I'm just excited to sign up for it! The team is slowly coming together and it seems like everyone is starting to get excited for it...I can't wait, the mother of all running relays!
I'll try to post more often on here, it really helps me to stay motivated when I know someone is reading about my workouts. So just to check in i guess: today I ran 2.8 miles and plan on doing a very light jog tonight with Janna (my 7 month pregnant wife).

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I think relays are a lot of fun. Okay, I've yet to do any, but they always sound like a good time. Good for you for running, it really is great.

Dick said...

Laurie is right. Relays ARE a lot of fun. Hope we get drawn. After hunting with Doug and Donald the last couple of days and finding out just how out of shape I am, I really need something to get me motivated to start running again.